venerdì 12 ottobre 2007

Finally appreciating every moment here...

Well, at this point it's safe to say that I have come to the point where I can truly cherish the experiences that I am living, and to be honest, they are far beyond what I ever imagined that I'd see here in Abu Dhabi. Yesterday, I celebrated Eid Al Fitr, a holiday equal to Christmas for Christians, with the warmest of people. I was immersed in culture, tradition, and hospitality that is difficult to come across. It marked the beginning of some incredible friendships that are the fruit of their wilingness to share their culture and way of life with Westerners, and my willingness to accept their offer. The pictures, although many, genuinly capture my experience. They're available to view at these links:

Album 1: http://binghamton.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2091574&l=4dedb&id=8115079

Album 2: http://binghamton.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2091576&l=340a8&id=8115079

I've also added a video of the camels to youtube. Follow this link and ejoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbowFe1LzvM

I will explain much more about this experience within the next few days, but right now I'm on my way out the door. Being that school is closed this week for the holidays, I've accepted to volunteer for the first Middle East International Film Festival. I'll be working for one week in the press office, making contacts with news outlets in the USA to ensure that they're covering this event and also helping to organize the red carpet photo shoots and video interviews with all of the celebrities that will attend (along with many, many super famous ones from Hollywood). Should be fun!
A big hug to all,
Paul : )

Nessun commento: