giovedì 11 ottobre 2007

Lots of updating to do...

Well, I guess that I can finally start to say with confidence that I am officially settling in here in Abu Dhabi. I'm over the initial shock of being so far away from everyone and am also starting to appreciate the amazing experiences that I've lived so far and will continue to live over at least these next two years. I have more pictures than I have time to post them, so I will try to feed you with them all little by little!
Here I share with you some simple pictures of my friend Lilas that I wrote about a few posts ago:

This is my wonderful friend Lilas, the one that I met through Facebook. She's the closest that I have here to family, and seeing her, her husband, and her beautiful daughter Lea makes me feel like I'm truly at home!

Here I am a few days after arriving in Abu Dhabi. I've been told that I've lost weight since arriving here, but of course, you can't tell from a picture taken a week after arriving.

A picture of Lea and I.

This is interesting. Everything that you see behind me was under water two years ago. Yes, that is correct. I still can't believe it myself, but the water actually ended under the balcony that I was on. Somehow, they took the water out and built a highway and the park that you see behind me, which all extends for at least one mile on each side of me!

Finally, this is John, the first token American that I met. He's a retired high-ranking military man who now works with the military of the UAE, who are very strong US allies. It's his house that we were at, and he's a super nice guy!

OK, it was too good to be true that I had lots of time to post on my blog! Just got an invitation to eat some chinese food for lunch, so off I go! Please keep reading and know that I think of all of you!!!
- Paul : )

1 commento:

Robert ha detto...

Paul, here are even some more questions for you. I am interested in knowing what forms of punishment are used for violating the laws there. Are hands cut off? Are people stoned for adultery?